Mir 3 Evolution

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Special Repairs.

dom182
    dom182
    M3E User
    M3E User

Special Repairs. Empty Special Repairs.

Post by dom182 Sun May 03, 2009 8:23 pm

Some thing that always put me off Warriors is the special repair in this game, if I miss it then I know I casn't hunt unless I run the risk of losing dursa on my kit, which in early levels is fine but later levels it can be really frustrating and I feel Warriors have drawn the short straw here, I'm not so sure about Assassins but apparently their toe to toe combat is based on dodge so they will still lose less Dura than Warriors.

I cannot see why SR is not always open, on many private servers this is the case and I have enjoyed my Warrior in these cases so much more, anbd it wouldn't render SR potions useless, as they are still very handy on Hunts, it would be worth stocking up on them so you can stay in a cave for longer I've had it loads of times when I've finally reached a KR and some of my kit is dead.

I know this is not really the right place, but I'd like to get some feed back on how others feel, might be worth making a petition/suggestion.

Last edited by dom182 on Sun May 03, 2009 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bliss
    Bliss
    M3E User+
    M3E User+

Special Repairs. Empty Re: Special Repairs.

Post by Bliss Sun May 03, 2009 8:31 pm

Tbh if I had anything to do with it I wouldn't even have a SR ingame, ruins it for me. If items dura was been used and lost would mean items would be bought more often. Maybe a oil that dropped of bosses or something to use on higher level items would of been a good idea. Isn't just warriors that have pulled the short straw on this a Tao can easily rape dura in numa hill and that lasts an hour and its open when SR is open. Not to mention the taoists that hunt on there own they'll rape dura. Wizards also use alot solo hunting because of range attack mobs.

Later on ingame it won't even matter as much, most warriors will have different kits for different places, they tend to wear more adv kits than anything else so they'll always be changing there kits. It was never that much of a problem on either of the other servers so I don't see it being a problem here. My guess is the item mall they're introducing will include this feature which will be optional for players to buy. If its going to be so much of a problem for you just go AC on hermits haha.

Last edited by Bliss on Sun May 03, 2009 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelt wrong)
    dom182
    dom182
    M3E User
    M3E User

Post by dom182 Sun May 03, 2009 8:50 pm

Actually never thought of it that way, I never really hunted alone on my tao's or wizz's, usually had a Warrior with me or stuck to some where I could kite ,but I like your point about kicking the idea all togehter, it would give new value to items and some thing to actually buy I remember sitting on piles of cash in the later game.

I probably won't even roll a Warrior just wanted to get a discussion going.
    Bliss
    Bliss
    M3E User+
    M3E User+

Post by Bliss Sun May 03, 2009 8:57 pm

That was something I always preferred about mir2 in the old skool days. When you saw para rings at durability 0/0 etc. Items were more valuable as they dropped because even the people that had already bought the items already were still buying them for when them one's dropped dura. People saved there very best kits for wars and bosses and hunted in basic kits or not so good one's. Obviously more items dropped on mir2 and gold was easy to come by.

If they did it on mir3, removed special repair it would probably even encourage people to item refine more, if say they had 2 dura 1/1 rings and they refined and maybe get a + stat ring thats full dura they would use it. But they'll never remove it, too many people would cry for a start and with me being a tao ingame they'd all try and tell me how hard it is trying to level a warrior with no dura. hehe
    SPIRIT
    SPIRIT

Post by SPIRIT Sun May 03, 2009 10:01 pm

It is a heavy burden if you are a Warrior, if you hunt allot you're gonna need 2 kits, i would go for a pure DC kit for bosses and PVP, and then and elemental kit with a min DC weap for solo/hunting for where that element helps, best thing for Warrior would be a Fire secondary Kit, theres more places weak to fire, and also later on you can go 3f-5f in ZT where the mobs are weakest to fire more than dark.

And as you said just try and group with people as much as you can if you want your dura to last.

Oh and that lvl 23 Armor you get from the quest, keep that, you can use it as a spare and it has some dc on it Razz

Anyway i feel your pain, that's why i went Taoist again lol.
    KraZee

Post by KraZee Wed May 06, 2009 11:02 am

yeh i used to bust out the warr and i must admit that special repair saved me on more than one occasion but at the same time i had 2 kits for each occassion not just 2 kits Wink always carried a spare with me even on boss hunts etc cos u never know how much u could lose dura wise on the way to said boss Wink especially if ur taking some noobs down there with you who get trapped by mobs cos they cant dodge em well etc

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 am