Mir 3 Evolution

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
SPIRIT
unknown
Bliss
7 posters

Unable to load mir client again after lag out (Vista)

Bliss
    Bliss
    M3E User+
    M3E User+

Unable to load mir client again after lag out (Vista) Empty Unable to load mir client again after lag out (Vista)

Post by Bliss Sun May 03, 2009 9:05 pm

I've tried asking a number of people and from the response I've got im not the only one thats got this problem so hopefully someone will have the solution here.

Im on windows vista don't have the same problem on my computer which has windows xp so im assuming it has something to do with vista.

Everytime my mir client exe'd or I lagged out cause the game to close when I try and run the game again it gets to the patch part but then it doesn't load. I have to log of my user account, log back in and reload mir. For some reason the client will only load once each time I log onto my user on my laptop. (Hope this makes sense) lol

It's more frustrating than it is a problem, if i lag out i have to log of then log back on just to reload mir.

Before anyone says it, I already run all my programmes as administrator and it still does this.
    unknown
    Retired

Unable to load mir client again after lag out (Vista) Empty Re: Unable to load mir client again after lag out (Vista)

Post by unknown Sun May 03, 2009 9:12 pm

Did you go to task manager and see if the program actually closed? Meaning the exe in the Processes tab isn't there.
    Bliss
    Bliss
    M3E User+
    M3E User+

Unable to load mir client again after lag out (Vista) Empty Re: Unable to load mir client again after lag out (Vista)

Post by Bliss Sun May 03, 2009 9:14 pm

Styles wrote:Did you go to task manager and see if the program actually closed? Meaning the exe in the Processes tab isn't there.

Yeh I did, cos my mouse actually does that circle loading thing so I thought maybe it was still running and that was why I was unable to reload it but there was nothing there. When logging of, it closed all my applications so I still think this is what is causing it. Something running in background, but it wasn't showing in task manager so god knows:(
    unknown
    Retired

Post by unknown Sun May 03, 2009 9:17 pm

Maybe this is just a bug and is not fixed yet for Windows Vista. Is your UAC on or off?
    Bliss
    Bliss
    M3E User+
    M3E User+

Post by Bliss Sun May 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Sorry abit of a nab at PC. But UAC? .. You mean that thing that asks you to confirm you want to start the programme? pirat
    unknown
    Retired

Post by unknown Sun May 03, 2009 9:20 pm

Yeah lol.
    Bliss
    Bliss
    M3E User+
    M3E User+

Post by Bliss Sun May 03, 2009 9:22 pm

Styles wrote:Yeah lol.
    No I have that turned on, I'll try turning it off when it goes live again and see if it helps, will post and let yas all know im sure I aint the only blonde to of not tried this if it works. Embarassed
    unknown
    Retired

Post by unknown Sun May 03, 2009 9:29 pm

lol I hope that fixes the problem. UAC is known to cause problems for most programs. However, it may be that the game is not supported for Windows Vista yet.
    SPIRIT
    SPIRIT

Post by SPIRIT Sun May 03, 2009 9:34 pm

Bliss wrote:
    Styles wrote:Yeah lol.
    No I have that turned on, I'll try turning it off when it goes live again and see if it helps, will post and let yas all know im sure I aint the only blonde to of not tried this if it works. Embarassed

Yeah i've got vista and that UAC caused nothing but trouble for me, but once you turn it off life is allot easier in general, so even if it does nothing about this specific problem, you will have less problems in the future:)
    Kandy
    Kandy
    M3E User
    M3E User

Post by Kandy Sun May 03, 2009 10:03 pm

Try this, right click on the exe, hit properties, select the compatibility tab, and select "Run this program for windows xp service pack 2" that might help Smile
    KraZee

Post by KraZee Mon May 04, 2009 9:16 am

not really anything to help but perhaps u have learned a lesson....windows vista sucks...... stick to XP Smile only really spouting this wisdom because well every angle has kinda been covered here already so yeh vista bad XP goooooooood
    write that down Wink
    SirShagAlot
    SirShagAlot

Post by SirShagAlot Tue May 05, 2009 12:41 pm

I don't get it, so you can't run mir once you have lagged out?
    KraZee

Post by KraZee Thu May 07, 2009 4:30 am

thats pretty much the problem shagalot.... its summin that happens with vista alot, because vista as an OS is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad lol i hate that system so much that not only do i boycott it i also keep 6 copies of XP lying around for when i get a new pc etc...
    SirShagAlot
    SirShagAlot

Post by SirShagAlot Thu May 07, 2009 2:22 pm

The thing is i am on vista on my laptop but never experience this. You would want to get it checked out.
    KraZee

Post by KraZee Fri May 08, 2009 6:16 am

though shag do u have that thing where u have to say yes let this program run on? or have u turned that off? cos thats whats most likely causing the problem it used to do it for my cs when i used vista for all of 5 minutes
    Natural(USA)
    Natural(USA)
    M3E User
    M3E User

Post by Natural(USA) Sat May 09, 2009 6:45 am

I'm running Vista 64 bit and I'm not experiencing any problems with MIR. It loaded up fine and ran really smooth. I'm beginning to think it has to do with the setting in the computer systems.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:35 am